At The Wiseman Agency, we recognize that privacy is important. Our Policy applies to all services we offer and those offered by our subsidaries and affiliated companies.
Information we collect and how we use it
- Provided by You
- When you engage us to provide insurance services, we will ask you for certain information, such as your name and email address. If you decide to request an insurance quote through The Wiseman Agency, we will also request certain personal information, such as your Social Security number, birth date or account information, which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information submitted under various forms and services in order to provide customers with a better experience and improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give customers the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Customer Communications
- When you send an email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our service to you.
- Providing our insurance services to users
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Developing new services
Choices for personal information?
When you sign up for a service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, you may “opt-out”—or say no to—having your information shared by contacting us. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
If you do choose to decline to submit personal information to any of our services, there may be some instances in which we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
The Wiseman Agency only share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of our agency in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, prevention or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request
- enforce applicable Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations thereof
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of The Wiseman Agency, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties non-personal information that does not identify you.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage, processing practices and security measures. We also take physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subjected to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We process personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete and current, but we depend on our users to update and correct their personal information whenever necessary.